Why is curb appeal so important? Because it’s the first impression somebody has of your house. In fact, many buyers form an opinion on whether or not they like a house before they even step inside. If you want to maximize your property’s value, focus on improving the curb appeal. Don’t worry, you don’t have to sell your home to utilize these 7 tips:
- Lawn care and maintenance. Although we love the falling leaves, it’s still important to maintain your lawn. Rake your leaves and fix any brown spots in your lawn.
- Add some color. It’s not too late to plant flowers! Your summer plants may start to fade, but replace them with fall flowers. Mums are a great option — and almost always on sale.
- Highlight your door. Whether you actually use your front door or not, it is still one of the main focal points. Highlight your door with a wreath or flowers. If you’re up for a change, you can even paint it!
- Clean up the exterior. Clean your windows and screens, apply fresh paint, check your roof, etc. Use this time to prepare for the winter months.
- Clean out your gutters. Be sure to check your gutters and downspouts for leaves and other debris.
- Add outdoor lighting. As it’s starting to get dark sooner, it’s important to add outdoor lighting so it’s easy to see your house. It will also scare off intruders.